Environmental/Sustainability Awards Diversity Awards
- Food Logistics Magazine: Food Logistics 85 – Ryder was recognized as one of the Top 85 Third Party Logistics Providers for assisting food, beverage and consumer packages goods companies in transforming their supply chains (2010).
- Inbound Logistics: Best Third-Party Logistics Provider – In 2010, Ryder was named the Number-One third-party logistics (3PL) provider in the annual Inbound Logistics Top 10 3PL Excellence Awards. Ryder has won this top spot nine times in the thirteen years it has been published (1998-2002, 2007-2010).
- Supply & Demand Chain Executive: Supply & Demand Chain Executive 100 – Ryder was recognized for being one of the leading supply chain solution and service providers at the forefront of enabling 21st century supply chains (2008, 2010).
- Supply & Demand Chain Executive, Pros to Know – Steve Martin, Ryder’s Vice President of Supply Chain Excellence, was named a “Pro to Know” by Supply & Demand Chain Executive magazine. This was the fourth time a Ryder executive was given this recognition (2010).
- Supply Chain Brain: 100 Great Supply Chain Partners – The premier resource for supply chain intelligence, strategy and innovation, Supply Chain Brain, named Ryder one of the 100 Great Supply Chain Partners, based on an extensive survey of industry professionals (2009, 2010).
- Food Logistics Magazine: Food Logistics 70 – Ryder was recognized as one of the Top 70 Third Party Logistics Providers for assisting food, beverage and consumer packages goods companies in transforming their supply chains (2009).
- FORTUNE: One of America’s Most Admired Companies® – Ryder was ranked among FORTUNE® magazine’s America’s Most Admired Companies® in its survey of corporate reputations. Since 1997, Ryder has consistently ranked among the top in the Transportation Industry category (2009).
- Inbound Logistics: Top 100 Motor Carriers – Ryder was named a top carrier by Inbound Logistics magazine for providing quality processes and procedures in procurement (2003, 2005, 2008-2010).
- Logistics Management: Quest for Quality Award (Reader’s Choice) – On five occasions, Logistics Management magazine has honored Ryder as a top third-party logistics provider (2004, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010).
- Supply & Demand Chain Executive: Pros to Know – Ryder’s President of Global Supply Chain Solutions, John Williford, was chosen as one of the “Pros to Know.” Mr. Williford was recognized for helping Ryder customers manage supply chain risk, increase their competitive advantage, and deliver value to their bottom lines in the midst of an unprecedented economic downturn (2009).
- Security Magazine: Security 500 –Security magazine ranked Ryder number one in The Security 500 for best security in the transportation and logistics industry (2009). This is the third time Security magazine listed Ryder in the Security 500. Ryder was previously ranked 143rd in 2007 and 263rd in 2006. (2006, 2007, 2009).
- Commercial Carrier Journal: CCJ Top 250 – Ryder was ranked as one of the top for-hire carriers in this survey. The blended ranking takes into account revenues, equipment and employment (2008).
- Food Logistics Magazine: Food Logistics 50 – Ryder was recognized as one of the top 50 third party logistics providers for assisting food, beverage and consumer packages goods companies to transform their supply chains (2008).
- Forbes: One of the 400 Best Big Companies in America – For two consecutive years, Ryder was recognized as one of America’s best big companies in a special report by Forbes (2007, 2008).
- Inbound Logistics: Top 100 3PL Providers– Ryder was named among the top 100 3PL providers by Inbound Logistics magazine in its annual 3PL directory (2008).
- InformationWeek 500: CMP Media LLC's InformationWeek 500, a prestigious listing of the leading business users of information technology, included Ryder for the tenth consecutive year in 2008, ranking Ryder in the 81st place, among the top 100 companies for IT (1998-2008).
- Modern Logistics News: Outstanding Integrated Logistics Service Provider – Modern Logistics News, the publication of the China Federation of Logistics & Purchasing (CFLP) recognized Ryder with the “Outstanding Integrated Logistics Service Provider in China” award (2008).
- Supply & Demand Chain Executive, Pros to Know – For two consecutive years, Tom Jones, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Supply Chain Solutions, was named one of the “Pros to Know” (2007, 2008).
- Transport Topics: Logistics 50 – For the fifth consecutive year, Ryder was honored for being one of the top logistics solutions companies (2004-2008).
- T21: Top 100 Most Influential People in Transportation – For two consecutive years, Ryder Mexico Managing Director Eugenio Sevilla-Sacasa was recognized as a top influencer in Mexico’s transportation industry (2007, 2008).
- Modern Logistics News: Most Admired Logistics Company – The publication of the China Federation of Logistics & Purchasing (CFLP) named Ryder the Most Admired Logistics Company in China (2007).
- Transport Topics: Top 100 For-Hire Carriers – For five consecutive years, Ryder was recognized for being a top transportation management and logistics solutions company (2003-2007).
- Wuhan International Logistics Committee:Golden Service Enterprise Award – Ryder was honored for outstanding logistics performance and leadership in China at the Wuhan International Logistics Fair (2007).
- Shenzhen Logistics Association: Excellent Foreign Logistics Company– Ryderwas recognized for its world-class supply chain services at the Shenzhen International Logistics and Supply Chain Management Fair in China (2006).
- United States Environmental Protection Agency and South Florida Commuter Services: Best Workplaces for Commuters – Ryder was recognized as an employer whose commuter benefits achieve the National Standard of Excellence (2006).
- Department of Defense Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR): Above and Beyond Award – Ryder was honored by the ESGR, an agency of the Department of Defense, for its outstanding service and continuing support to the National Guard and Reserve (2005).
- World Trade: Fabulous 50 Plus One –Ryder was recognized as one of the companies leading the way in world trade (2005).
- Inbound Logistics: 50 Green Supply Chain Partners – Ryder was named one of 50 Green Supply Chain Partners by Inbound Logistics magazine (2010).
- Inbound Logistics: 25 Green Supply Chain Partners – Ryder was named one of 25 Green Supply Chain Partners by Inbound Logistics magazine (2009).
- Supply & Demand Chain Executive, Green Supply Chain Award – For two consecutive years, Ryder was selected as a recipient of the Green Supply Chain Award. Ryder was chosen for being a provider of supply chain solutions that is assisting its customers in meeting green or sustainable supply chain goals (2008, 2009).
- Calvert Social Index – Since 1990, Ryder has been included in the Index for meeting Calvert’s social criteria in the following areas: environment, workplace issues, product safety, community relations, military weapons contracting, international operations and human rights, and respecting the rights of indigenous peoples.
- Computerworld: Top 12 IT-green Users – Computerworld ranked Ryder as one of the top “green” users of IT for being energy efficient and maintaining the environmental ethic in the corporate culture (2008).
- GovernanceMetrics International (GMI): Highest Global Rating – For two consecutive years, Ryder was awarded GMI’s highest possible rating, a perfect 10, for corporate governance and corporate behavior. The rating system incorporates hundreds of data points across six broad categories of analysis: board accountability, financial disclosure and internal controls, executive compensation, shareholder rights, ownership base and takeover provisions, plus corporate behavior and environmental, health and safety issues (2006, 2007).
- KLD Research & Analytics: Domini 400 Social Index (DSI) – Ryder was included in the DSI for its demonstrated leadership in corporate social responsibility (2006).
- Michigan Minority Business Development Council, Corporation of the Year in Transportation – Ryder was named Corporation of the Year in the transportation category in recognition of its supplier diversity program (2009).
- Hispanic Business: One of the Diversity Elite 60 – For two consecutive years, Ryder was recognized for going beyond workforce diversity initiatives and implementing strategies to reach Hispanic consumers and increase business with minority- and Hispanic-owned suppliers (2008, 2009).
- Black Enterprise: 40 Best Companies for Diversity – For two consecutive years, Ryder was named one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity in this publication’s annual survey of corporate diversity. Ryder was the only transportation and supply chain industry in the listing (2007, 2008).
- Latina Style: One of the Top 50 Companies for Hispanic Women – On four occasions, Ryder has been honored by Latina Style magazine as one of the top companies for Latinas (1998, 2003, 2005, 2008).
- Women Executive Leadership: Florida Census of Women Directors and Executive Officers – For three consecutive years, Ryder was recognized for women board leadership as one of four Florida companies to have four women directors (2006, 2007, 2008).
- Network Miami: One of the Top 5 Companies for Black Professionals in South Florida –Ryder was honored as one of the top five companies in South Florida for black professionals for its proven and implemented diversity management programs (2005).
Updated: October 2010